Founder & Chief Instigator
Employee Hold’em – a talent retention solutions and corporate training firm
Partnering with companies and business leaders worldwide to better recruit, motivate, and retain their employees. In his nearly 30 years of experience, Marc has helped hundreds of companies better understand how to leverage the talents and strengths fo their hundreds of thousands of employees.
Marc helps managers and business leaders understand:
- the linkage between employee engagement and overall business results
- how to make talent management decisions based on sound organizational data, and
- create ROI measures that underscore the value of talent engagement and retention strategies.
Workforce Engagement: Strategies to Attract, Motivate, and Retain Talent (2nd Edition, World at Work Press, 2009), Employee Engagement Fundamentals: A Guide for Managers & Supervisors (World at Work Press, 2008), Designing Employee Recognition Programs: A How-to Series for the HR Professional (World at Work Press, 2009), and Attraction & Retention: A Collection of Articles from WorldatWork (World at Work Press, 2010).
Twenty national and international studies focused on employee loyalty, engagement, and ethics, and customer satisfaction and retention.
Featured Speaker & Facilitator
For each of the last three years, Marc has conducted workshops and seminars at over two-dozen Human Resource and Business Management local, state, national and international events. The Trading Faces card game which teaches participants about The Four R’s of Workforce Engagement has been played by over twenty-thousand people around the world and consistently earns top five ratings. Marc is a proud member of the National Speakers Association and SHRM’s International Speaker’s Bureau.
- Trading Faces Card Game
- Workforce Engagement Assessment Causal Model & Analysis
- Biennial Workforce Engagement National Benchmark Report
- Engagement Productivity Calculator
Not For Profit Activities
- Chair: Hamilton County (Indiana) Advisory Board for United Way
- Board Member: United Way of Central Indiana
- Advisory Board Member: Dept. of Organizational Leadership – Purdue School of Engineering & Technology at Indiana University, Purdue University Indianapolis